Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The First One

I've been asking my sweet hubby to create a blog for a while now. Yes, I know I probably could have done it myself, but I always depend on him to do the things I don't want to do. It makes him feel needed, and guys like that. Right? Anyway, I finally got it done with the help of a sweet neighbor...in the nick of time I might add. We leave in 2 days for Ethiopia to meet our little four year old princess. We are in the process of adopting a little girl from there, and I CANNOT wait to meet her. We won't get to bring her home yet because we have to pass court and wait for an embassy appt. before we can go back to get her. Soon though! We hope to travel this spring sometime to pick her up. Our kids, Daniel (9) and Margo (8) are going with us along with Mark's mom, Joyce. We are leaving our sweet little five-year old boy, David, here. I'm hating the though of leaving him, but I know he is going to have a ton of fun at 4 different friends' houses. I hope to use this blog to keep everyone updated and record our journey.

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!! So glad you guys are doing a blog! Am so looking forward to following yalls journey! Thanks for doing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting a blog so we can follow along on this journey to bring your daughter home. We go way back with the Girtz family and rejoice with you and will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super picture! I'm praying you'll be able to update it soon with another smiling child's darling face. Safe journeys to Africa.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be with you every step of the way via your blog. With love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! Congratulations!!! I'm not sure if you'll get this comment before you leave, but if you do, would you mind checking on my little 4 year old boy that is there right now?? (we're just waiting for a court date). You can email me and I'll send you his picture and name! :) (not many families have been traveling to the older kids home, so it's always exciting to hear that someone will be seeing my boy!!) THANK YOU!

    suzi_little@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelley can't wait to see the faces on Daniel and Margo when they see their new sister. We will be watching each step of the way. Have a wonderful experience and a safe trip. Love to all of you Gigi and P0p0p

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a journey this will be and I wish I could be along with you but I will be watching on the blog. Finally got it figured out. XXOO Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anxiously awaiting how things went with your first meeting with Hiwot. What did the kids think and how did she react to all of you. We need some word from you. love to all Gigi

    ReplyDelete